Changing habits, detoxing harmful chemicals, and changing environments bring new challenges to a person struggling with addictive behaviors. Choosing to recover from substance abuse can be a stressful time. Rather than worry what to bring to rehab, use this handy guide to make packing stress free.
Clothes: What to Bring to Rehab at Aion Recovery?
Aion Recovery allows two weeks of clothing. We suggest light layers of casual clothing. Active wear, jeans, and casual slacks are popular because they allow plenty of movement. Consider sports shirts and t-shirts that are proper.
We encourage you to bring swimwear and sportswear for recreational activities only. Be considerate of others and dress modestly as we cater to men, women, and young adults.
Closed toe shoes are best to protect your feet.
Clothing must not depict offensive language or images. Absolutely nothing related to alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, or violence on site. Counselors reserve the right to remove any clothing deemed inappropriate by staff.
Other Stuff: What to Bring to Rehab at Aion Recovery?
Along with clothing, all items are inspected upon arrival at Aion Recovery. You have changed your life. We want to aid you by helping you make healthy choices during your time in recovery.
- You can bring appropriate reading material. Clinical staff will review all literature to make sure it will not trigger cravings for the substance of abuse.
- You must bring your insurance card if you have coverage.
- You must bring identification such as a driver’s license or passport.
- If you are a smoker, you may bring your own, such as one carton of cigarettes.
Prohibited Items: What Not to Bring to Rehab at Aion Recovery?
Healthy choices are critical during recovery. The staff at Aion Recovery will verify you have not brought any of the following items as they can lead to relapse.
- Aerosol products.
- Alcohol based products including aftershave, mouthwash, perfume and perfumed products, or toner.
- Expensive jewelry.
- Illegal substances or mood altering drugs (over-the-counter or otherwise)
- Inappropriate clothing.
- Nutritional supplements, herbs and vitamins. Part of holistic therapy will include assessment of nutritional needs.
- Over-the-counter drugs. Should the need arise for aspirin or other medications, the nurse on staff will help you.
- Sharp objects; crochet hooks, knitting needles, metal hairpieces, pocketknives, razor blades, and straight razors are all prohibited.
- Weapons of any kinds.
If you are in doubt if you should bring something, leave it at home. If you bring a prohibited item by mistake, the person who brought you to rehab may take the item back. The item may be stored for you if you arrived alone. This is case-by-case. It is better to leave something at home if you are not sure than to take a chance at losing the item.
Other Things to Consider: What to Bring to Rehab at Aion Recovery?
Consider bringing other things to rehab that will help your recovery. A list of names, phone numbers, and email addresses of people you want involved in your recovery is often overlooked but very important. Consider including family members, close friends, and healthcare providers.
Aion Recovery gives you a new tablet loaded with recovery materials and journaling programs so you won’t need to bring a separate journal unless you prefer it. But pack stationary, envelopes, and stamps to write those people who do not have email.
Last, if you take prescription medication you must bring them in their original packaging with pharmacy labels. Any liquid medication must be unopened. Also, bring a list of all medications, dosages, and prescribing physician’s contact information.
Questions on What to Bring to Rehab?
If you still have questions about what to bring to rehab, call Aion Recovery at 888-811-2879. An addiction specialist will help you decide if the item in question is allowed.